Hi, my name is Britt, I'm a certified athletic therapist and today I'm going to be showing you how to tape the thumb. So, this applies to typical thumb injuries, whether you hyperextend it or jammed playing volleyball or basketball, this will work for you.
I'm going to be showing you with some pre-cut strips:
- Cut one 4-inch strip in half vertically. This will give you 2 skinny pieces.
- Cut another 4-inch strip. Do not cut this one down the middle.
- With the first skinny piece, break an anchor in the middle and place on the web between your thumb and index finger.
- Wrap the ends around your hand like a bow with 50% stretch. One end goes toward the palm, the other toward the back of the hand.
- Repeat the same thing with the second skinny piece for added support.
- With the thicker piece, break an anchor on one side and wrap the tape around your lower wrist so it overlaps with the ends of your other tape. 25% is suitable for this application.
Now you have a thumb supported by Mobility Tape!
Until next time.